PDFs available on Research Gate or Google Scholar
-  I Shukla, AM Kilpatrick, RS Beltran. Variation in resting strategies across trophic levels and habitats in mammals. Ecology and Evolution. DOI: 10.1002/ece3.8073
-  KA Keen, RS Beltran, E Pirotta, DP Costa. Emerging themes in Population Consequences of Disturbance models. Proceedings of the Royal Society B. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspb.2021.0325
-  QM Ptaterson, S Kraberger, DP Martin, MR Shero, RS Beltran, AL Kirkham, M Aleamotu’a, DG Ainley, S Kim, JM Burns, A Varsani. Circoviruses and cycloviruses identified in Weddell seal fecal samples from McMurdo Sound, Antarctica. Infection, Genetics and Evolution. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meegid.2021.105070
-  MR Cronin (26 authors including RS Beltran). Perspective: Anti-racist interventions to transform ecology, evolution and conservation biology departments. Nature Ecology and Evolution. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41559-021-01522-z
-  L DeKock, C Oosthuzien, RS Beltran, NP DeBruyn. Determinants of the moult phenology and duration of southern elephant seals (Mirounga leonina) at Marion Island. Scientific Reports. 11.1 (2021): 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-93678-8
-  A Race, RS Beltran, E Zavaleta. How an early, inclusive field course builds persistence in ecology and evolutionary biology. Integrative and Comparative Biology. icab121. https://doi.org/10.1093/icb/icab121
-  T Adachi, A Takahashi, DP Costa, PW Robinson, LA Huckstadt, SH Peterson, RR Holser, RS Beltran, TR Keates, Y Naito. Forced into an ecological corner: round-the-clock deep-foraging on small prey by elephant seals. Science Advances. DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.abg3628
-  RS Beltran, GA Breed, AM Kilpatrick, T Adachi, A Takahashi, Y Naito, PW Robinson, WO Smith Jr., AL Kirkham, JM Burns. Seasonal resource pulses and the foraging depth of a Southern Ocean top predator. Proceedings of the Royal Society B. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspb.2020.2817
-  SA Wood, PW Robinson, DP Costa, RS Beltran. Accuracy and precision of citizen scientist animal counts from drone imagery. PLOS ONE. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0244040
-  RS Beltran, JM Kendall-Bar, E Pirotta, T Adachi, Y Naito, A Takahashi, J Cremers, PW Robinson, DE Crocker, DP Costa. Lightscapes of fear: how mesopredators balance starvation and predation in the open ocean. Science Advances. Vol. 7, no. 12, eabd9818
-  AI Race, M De Jesus, RS Beltran, ES Zavaleta. A comparative study between outcomes of an in-person versus online introductory field course. Ecology and Evolution. 2021;00:1–11. https://doi.org/10.1002/ece3.7209
-  ES Zavaleta, RS Beltran, AL Borker. How field courses propel inclusion and collective excellence. Trends in Ecology and Evolution.
-  DC Alvarado, PW Robinson, NC Frasson, DP Costa, RS Beltran. Calibration of aerial photogrammetry to estimate elephant seal mass. Marine Mammal Science.
-  RS Beltran, E Marnocha, A Race, D Croll, G Dayton, E Zavaleta. Field courses narrow demographic achievement gaps in ecology and evolutionary biology. Ecology and Evolution. 10(12).
-  RS Beltran, AL Kirkham, GA Breed, JW Testa, JM Burns. Reproductive success influences moult phenology in Weddell seals. Scientific Reports. 9,5221.
-  G Frankfurter, RS Beltran, M Hoard, JM Burns. Rapid prototyping and 3D printing of Antarctic seal flipper tags. The Wildlife Society Bulletin. WSB964.
-  RS Beltran, JM Burns, GA Breed. Review: Convergence of biannual moulting strategies across birds and mammals. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London B. 20180318.
-  Z Smeele, JM Burns, K Van Doorsaler, S Kraberger, RS Fontenele, K Waits, D Stainton, MR Shero, RS Beltran, AL Kirkham, G Frankfurter, R Berngartt, P Lefeurve, A Varsani. Diverse papillomaviruses identified in Weddell seals. General Virology.
-  RS Beltran, B Ruscher-Hill (undergrad), AL Kirkham, JM Burns. An evaluation of three-dimensional photogrammetric and morphometric techniques for estimating volume and mass in Weddell seals. PLOS ONE.
-  E Fahsbender, JM Burns, S Kim, S Kraberger, G Frankfurter, A Eilers, MR Shero, RS Beltran, AL Kirkham, R McCorkell, R Berngartt, M Male, K Rosario, G Ballard, DG Ainley, M Breitbart, A Varsani. Diverse and highly recombinant alleloviruses associated with Weddell seals in Antarctica. Journal of Virus Evolution. 3,1-11.
-  RS Beltran, JW Testa, JM Burns. An agent-based model for predicting impacts of environmental change on a top marine predator, the Weddell seal. Ecological Modelling. 351,36-50.
-  N Lubcker, R Condit, RS Beltran, PJN de Bruyn, MN Bester. Vibrissal growth parameters of southern elephant seals: obtaining fine-scale, time-based stable isotope data. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 559,243-255.
-  RS Beltran, SH Peterson, EA McHuron, C Reichmuth, LA Huckstadt, DP Costa. Pinnipeds are what they eat, plus what? Determination of trophic discrimination factors in six seal species. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry. 30, 1115–1122.
-  L Schwarz, S Villegas-Amtmann, RS Beltran, DP Costa, C Goetsch, LA Huckstadt, J Maresh, SH Peterson. Comparisons and uncertainty in fat and adipose tissue estimation techniques: The Northern Elephant Seal as a Case Study. PLOS ONE.
-  RS Beltran, MS Connolly, SH Peterson, R Condit, C Reichmuth, DP Costa. Whisker growth dynamics: a validated approach for assigning timescales to stable isotope analyses. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 523, 233-241.
-  M Connolly, RS Beltran and C Reichmuth. A calibration procedure for measuring pinniped vibrissae using photogrammetry. Aquatic Mammals. 40(2), 213-218.
-  RS Beltran, N Kreidler* (undergrad), D Van Vuren, S Morrison, E Zavaleta, K Newton, B Tershy D Croll. Passive recovery of vegetation from herbivore eradication on Santa Cruz Island, California. Restoration Ecology. 22(6), 790-797. Cover photo.