PDFs available on Research Gate or Google Scholar
- RS Beltran, GA Breed, T Adachi, A Takahashi, Y Naito, PW Robinson, WO Smith Jr., AM Kilpatrick, AL Kirkham, JM Burns. Sea ice dynamics vertically redistribute Antarctic food web. (Submitted to Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences).
- RS Beltran, AL Kirkham, GA Breed, JW Testa, JM Burns. Reproductive success influences molt phenology in Weddell seals. (Submitted to Scientific Reports).
- G Frankfurter, RS Beltran, M Hoard, JM Burns. Rapid prototyping and 3D printing of Antarctic seal flipper tags. (Submitted to The Wildlife Society Bulletin).
-  RS Beltran, JM Burns, GA Breed. Review: Convergence of biannual moulting strategies across birds and mammals. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London B. 20180318.
-  Z Smeele, JM Burns, K Van Doorsaler, S Kraberger, RS Fontenele, K Waits, D Stainton, MR Shero, RS Beltran, AL Kirkham, G Frankfurter, R Berngartt, P Lefeurve, A Varsani. Diverse papillomaviruses identified in Weddell seals. General Virology.
-  RS Beltran, B Ruscher-Hill (undergrad), AL Kirkham, JM Burns. An evaluation of three-dimensional photogrammetric and morphometric techniques for estimating volume and mass in Weddell seals. PLOS ONE.
-  E Fahsbender, JM Burns, S Kim, S Kraberger, G Frankfurter, A Eilers, MR Shero, RS Beltran, AL Kirkham, R McCorkell, R Berngartt, M Male, K Rosario, G Ballard, DG Ainley, M Breitbart, A Varsani. Diverse and highly recombinant alleloviruses associated with Weddell seals in Antarctica. Journal of Virus Evolution. 3,1-11.
-  RS Beltran, JW Testa, JM Burns. An agent-based model for predicting impacts of environmental change on a top marine predator, the Weddell seal. Ecological Modelling. 351,36-50.
-  N Lubcker, R Condit, RS Beltran, PJN de Bruyn, MN Bester. Vibrissal growth parameters of southern elephant seals: obtaining fine-scale, time-based stable isotope data. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 559,243-255.
-  RS Beltran, SH Peterson, EA McHuron, C Reichmuth, LA Huckstadt, DP Costa. Pinnipeds are what they eat, plus what? Determination of trophic discrimination factors in six seal species. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry. 30, 1115–1122.
-  L Schwarz, S Villegas-Amtmann, RS Beltran, DP Costa, C Goetsch, LA Huckstadt, J Maresh, SH Peterson. Comparisons and uncertainty in fat and adipose tissue estimation techniques: The Northern Elephant Seal as a Case Study. PLOS ONE.
-  RS Beltran, MS Connolly, SH Peterson, R Condit, C Reichmuth, DP Costa. Whisker growth dynamics: a validated approach for assigning timescales to stable isotope analyses. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 523, 233-241.
-  M Connolly, RS Beltran and C Reichmuth. A calibration procedure for measuring pinniped vibrissae using photogrammetry. Aquatic Mammals. 40(2), 213-218.
-  RS Beltran, N Kreidler* (undergrad), D Van Vuren, S Morrison, E Zavaleta, K Newton, B Tershy D Croll. Passive recovery of vegetation from herbivore eradication on Santa Cruz Island, California. Restoration Ecology. 22(6), 790-797. Cover photo.